The median household income in Costa Mesa is over $20,000 higher than the national average, pointing to the fact that many households have significant assets. Only a qualified attorney can help ensure that those assets are handled in accordance with your wishes (and your family’s needs) upon your death.
Attorney Christopher P. Walker has intimate knowledge of the Orange County court systems based on a quarter-century of experience fighting for families. Estate planning and family law can be highly complex topics, especially when valuable assets and multiple heirs are involved.
A good estate planning lawyer will sit with you and discuss every detail of your financial portfolio, your family situation, and your desires. Some people think of drafting a last will and testament as a DIY project and don’t realize there are many possible strategies available to you. Christopher P. Walker and his high-powered legal team can help you choose the correct legal instruments to implement and then draft air-tight documents that ensure your wishes are carried out.
Here are a few of the critical family law and estate planning situations we’d be honored to help you sort out:
- Creating a comprehensive plan for your estate (rather than simply charging you for a generic last will and testament the way some online “legal help” websites do).
- Drafting a legally binding succession plan for any business or commercial interests you wish to keep in your family.
- Preparing legal documents related to end-of-life medical care and other medical decisions that may need to be made on your behalf if you are incapacitated.
- Understanding the difference between estate planning and probate and how avoiding probate can protect your family, assets, and legacy.
- Assisting you in creating, funding, and administering any trusts that may need to be set up as part of your estate plan.
- Interfacing with the Orange County courts and handling probate on behalf of your beneficiaries and surviving family.